COVID-19 Pandemic Plan
LifeShield National Insurance Co. has developed the following strategy concerning its Medical Plan and claims handling. Please be advised that LifeShield has instructed its Third Party Administrators to follow the following guidelines with all policyholders:
- Extend Grace Periods on all policy premium payments to the applicable state requirement.
- No cancellations of policies for non-payment to the later date of the state regulation or while the order is in effect.
- All copays, coinsurance, and deductibles are waived for testing of COVID-19, including Doctor Office Visits, Urgent Care, and ER Visits.
- Telehealth visits will be treated as a regular doctor office visit, with no co-pays, co-insurance or deductibles.
- Pre-Existing Condition investigation is waived for all claims for COVID-19.
- No Pre-Certification/Authorization required for in-patient hospitalizations due to COVID-19.
- All COVID-19-related claims are to be handled expeditiously.
- There is no distinction between in-network and out-of-network providers.
* This plan is subject to change as Federal and State mandates continue to change in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis.